By applying for the MBSR course you are confirming your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Please read carefully and print off a copy of this agreement between you and the practitioners Elinor Brown and Shani Langdon for future reference.
- Applicants must read and agree that they meet the following prerequisites:
- Be able to commit to the dates and times of the sessions
- Understand that this course is not intended as a therapeutic intervention. Should you have any concerns regarding your mental or physical health, please see your GP or other medical advisors.
1.1. Once you have applied, you will receive a message confirming we have received your application. If there is a space available on the course, you will be sent an introductory letter and pre-course questionnaire with details of the course fee.
1.2. A legally binding agreement will not come into existence until we have offered you a place on the course by:
- Notifying you by email that you have been accepted onto the course and
- Receiving payment in cleared funds from yourself or, if applicable, your employer.
iii. Any costs or expenses connected with joining the course are entirely the course applicant’s responsibility.
- If you have any specific needs, please advise us at the earliest possible time and we will contact you to discuss your requirements.
- The course fee will be displayed on the course application form and emailed to you.
2.1. Payment is required in full to secure your place on the course.
- Payment can be made by bank transfer or Paypal, but an additional charge will be made to cover Paypal fees.
- Any payment made to us will be for the invoiced sterling amount and any currency costs or bank fees must be borne by the payer.
Cancellation, Refund and Deferral Policy
- Should you wish to cancel your place on an MBSR course, you must inform us of your decision by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
3.1. If you cancel your place on the course up to 21 days prior to its start date you will be offered:
- A full refund minus a £5 administration fee OR
- A transfer to another course within one year. A transferred place cannot be transferred again and no refund will be possible if that place is then cancelled.
3.2. If you cancel your place on the course within 21 days prior to its start date:
- A 50% refund will be possible (see exceptions in 3.2ii.)
- If the cancellation is due to ill health certified by a doctor’s certificate or certain exceptional circumstances then we have the discretion to transfer the place to another course within one year if availability allows and for a fee of £25. A transferred place cannot be transferred again and no refund will be possible if that place is then cancelled.
iii. If during the orientation and assessment process we decide together that now is not the time to be attending the course, you will be offered your choice of a place on another course, if that is an option, or a full refund.
- In order to gain maximum benefit from the MBSR course you are expected to attend all sessions. However, should anything occur that prevents you from attending a session, please let us know as soon as possible in advance of the next session.
3.3 We reserve the right to cancel a course up to 14 days prior to the commencement of the course. If, due to unforeseen circumstances, we need to cancel a course you will be offered your choice of a place on another course, if that is an option, or a full refund.
- We are registered under the provisions of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and keep any personal data about you in confidence. Email correspondence is regularly viewed by your practitioners.
We would like to keep in touch and let you know about news, new courses, and events that may be of interest to you. We require your consent to do this. You can consent by ticking the box on the Data Consent form supplied with your application. If at anytime you would like to opt out of receiving such information at any time please contact us at email@example.com requesting to opt out.
- We have the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time. These terms and conditions are available on our website.
- If you have symptoms of physical or mental ill health it is your responsibility to consult with your doctor and/or other healthcare professionals and follow their advice
Issued by Grow Mindful on 15 November 2018